Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New Yankee Workshop Workbench update cutting the inserts out of the top

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
I cut the slot out of the benchtop for the dogs and tailstock.  What a giant pain in the rear?  Norm does it in the video in like 30 seconds and it took me nearly an hour.
 

 
I attached the 2 pieces of plywood together with 1" drywall screws and some of them ended up poking through so I had to cut off all the tips with my dremel before running the piece through the tablesaw.
 
 
I marked the two ends of the slot and then cut them on the tablesaw.

I got them close and then finished them with a jigsaw.

I also used the jigsaw to cut the ends.

All cut and ready for the next step.

I marked the corners and then clamped a framing square down to use as a cut guide for my small cordless saw.

I cut it close and then used the jigsaw to finish it.

I made sure that all my cuts were square to the material.

Here it is all cut out.



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment