Sunday, February 23, 2014

A BED A BENCH AND A BIG BULB

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
 
 



I love this new pretty and curvy bench I built. Every time I walk by it I smile.
 
 
The last bench I built I fell in love with too but I managed to find a place to keep that one. We have
never had a place to sit down in the mudroom until now, but now Im constantly sitting in there. 
Tips on how to build a bench using a bed frame can be read here:
http://blogspot.ca/2013/06/bench-buiding-tips.html

 
This curvy one is made with 2 headboards and 1 foot board. You can see the back and sides are made
 from a matching foot and head board but the front underside also has parts of a French provincial
 headboard. All three frames used to build this bench are made of solid maple, which is a wonderful
 hard wood and offers great stability in furniture making.
 
 
The seat is vintage pine boards salvaged from some local farm shelving. Pine is a soft wood.
Softwoods come from coniferous trees such as cedar, fir, and pine.

 
I also salvaged an antique milk glass floor lamp and cleaned it up, painted it, and rewired it.
The metal base has been spray in a snow white oil paint that matches the milk glass shade.
 
 
It has a tri light switch, meaning it has three different light brightness.
 
It also has an oversized socket and came with an over sized bulb.
 
And it also has a regular sized adapter for regular sized bulbs.

 
 



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment